Realizing the Future Corporation: Designing the Board Room
Featuring the Launch of The Global Compact Board Programme
In order to move toward a more sustainable future, there must be full support at the highest levels of governance and decision-making. This session will zoom in on the critical role Boards of Directors, as the highest level of governance in most large corporations, can and should play in facilitating the transition to a new and “better” corporation. Guided by the experiences of the pioneering Boards of six LEAD companies from Europe, Asia and Africa, the session will mark the global launch of the new Global Compact Board Programme.
Corporate Sustainability in the Board Room
- Robert Eccles, Professor of Management Practice, Harvard Business School
- Martin Reeves, Senior Partner and Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group
-Aron Cramer, President and CEO, BSR
Official launch of the Global Compact LEAD Board Programme
-Georg Kell, Executive Director, UN Global Compact
The Global Compact Board Programme – Experiences from the pilot companies
- Huang Wensheng, Vice President, Secretary to the Board of Directors and Director General of the Board Secretariat, Sinopec Corp.
- Marina Migliorato, Group Head of CSR, Enel
- Sabina Ratti, Sustainability Vice President, Eni S.p.A.
- Se Young Kang, Manager, SK Telecom (TBC)
- Bente Slaatten, Chief Communications and Branding Officer, Yara International
- Rochelle Chetty, Senior Manager Sustainability Group, Eskom
This year’s LEAD Symposium will challenge participants to sketch a vision for The Future Corporation. LEAD companies and invited experts will identify key characteristics of what the sustainable corporation could and should look like in the future. Participants will consider how The Future Corporation will be governed, create value and manage its impact on society.
The annual Symposium allows LEAD companies to exchange experiences and engage leading experts on key aspects of corporate sustainability. Each LEAD Symposium is designed to enable companies to better understand key trends, address challenges of particular concern, and shape future developments of corporate sustainability leadership.