6086 results for CATEGORY other events : ""
- Opening Ceremony (With UN Secretary-General António Guterres).
- Keynote Speaker of the Sponsor of the 8th UNAOC Global Forum.
- Plenary Session 1: Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue: A Tool for Conflict Prevention and Post-Conflict
International Day of Education at the UN: Partners in Sustaining our Future – Sharing Goals in Global Stewardship
This event will examine and celebrate the role that international education plays in creating a more peaceful, just, and equitable world using the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals as the blueprint.
This UN observance of the International Day for Tolerance will feature a screening of international short films from YouTube’s 2018 Creators for Change programme. There will be a panel discussion on tolerance and the 70th anniversary
2018 United Nations Global Citizenship Education Forum: Global Citizenship Education as a Key Enabler of SDGs
Objectives This Forum aims to:
• Secure the foundation of support toward GCED from UN Member States, enhancing their awareness of GCED and to garner support for an International Day of GCED in the UN
• Share the ongoing efforts to promote
Concert "Mozart’s Requiem in D Minor: On the Occasion of the Centenary of the End of World War I, In Commemoration of Those Who Have Died in War and Conflict"
H.E. Archbishop Bernardito Auza, Apostolic Nuncio, Permanent Observer
Peacebuilding Commission Annual Session 2018: Peacebuilding and sustaining peace in the Sahel region - 1) Interactive working session 2) Closing session
• Interactive working session (2): Empowering youth and women as agents of peacebuilding and sustaining peace in the Sahel region.
• Closing session.
The Peacebuilding Commission (PBC) is an intergovernmental advisory body that supports