2nd meeting, Commission for Social Development, Fifty-fourth Session (3-12 February 2016)
The 54th Session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD54) is taking place in New York (3 -12 February 2016) at United Nations Headquarters under the priority theme “Rethinking and strengthening social development in the contemporary world".
This year will be devoted to the policy segment of the cycle.
The upcoming CSocD54 is an important one, as it will be the first session after the adoption of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development which provides the new overall context.
1. Opening of the regular session
2. Election of officers [item 1]
3. Adoption of the agenda and other organizational matters (E/CN.5/2016/1) [item 2]
4. Statement by the Assistant-Secretary-General for Economic Development
5. Follow-up to the World Summit for Social Development and the twenty-fourth special
session of the General Assembly (E/CN.5/2016/2) [item 3]
(a) Priority theme: rethinking and strengthening social development in the contemporary world
(b) Review of relevant United Nations plans and programmes of action pertaining to the
situation of social groups
(c) Emerging issues: implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development:
moving from commitments to results for achieving social development