This Briefing will examine the civil society contribution to the agreed Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This includes both formal and informal feedback and advocacy mechanisms, and look ahead to how NGOs will advocate in support of the new Goals.
Speakers will share their experiences with the process, point out the major contributions of civil society and begin to chart a course for progress.
Moderator, Jeff Brez, Chief, NGO Relations Advocacy and Special Events, Outreach Division, Department of Public Information (DPI)
- Tim Mawe, Deputy Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Ireland to the United Nations
- Jolly Amatya, US National Committee of UN Women and Co-Chair, 2015 Youth Assembly Representative, Action 2015, Representative, United Nations Post-2015 Strategy Hub
- Mitchell Toomey, Director, Millennium Campaign, UN Development Programme (UNDP)
- Stefan Schweinfest, Director, Statistics Division, Department of Economic and Social Council (DESA)
- Susan Alzner, Officer-in-Charge, UN Non-Governmental Liaison Service (UN-NGLS)
Representative, Strategic Communications Division, Development Section, Department of Public Information (DPI)
Briefing organized by the NGO Relations Section, Outreach Division, Department of Public Information (DPI)