This event will bring together representatives from civil society, health practitioners, specialists, and the UN system at the forefront of meeting the unmet needs of those with HIV/AIDS and those who could be potentially exposed.
The discussion will highlight the current state of HIV/AIDS globally, key obstacles that have been preventing those who need care from getting it, and how to overcome those obstacles and meet the treatment and prevention needs of those living with or potentially exposed to HIV on an individual, community, state, and global level. Featured speakers will share their experiences and give insight into the session theme.
- Raymond Ayala, Medical Case Manager, Path, The Brooklyn Hospital Center.
- Nkwenti Guedem Edwige, Nurse Practitioner and HIV Specialist.
- Emma Kaplan-Lewis, Clinical Quality Director HIV Services at NYC Health and Hospitals.
- Toyin Falusi Nwafor, MD, Senior Medical Director, HIV Prevention at ViiV Healthcare.
- Antonio Urbina, MD, Mount Sinai; Associate Professor of Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine.