1st Meeting, 13th Session of Working Party on Land Administration
Broadcasting UN Entity
The Thirteenth Session of the Working Party on Land Administration (WPLA) will provide an international platform for exchange on issues related to land administration and management. Representatives of the UNECE member States will elect one Chairperson, two Vice-Chairpersons and and as many additional Bureau members as WPLA deems appropriate during the session.
10.00 - 10.20: Item 1: Opening of the session and adoption of the agenda
- Fredrik Zetterquist, University Lecturer in Land Administration, University of Gävle, Gävle, Sweden; WPLA Chair Paola Deda, Director, Forests, Land and Housing Division, UNECE
- Gulnara Roll, Secretary, UNECE Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management (CUDHLM)t Questions and answers.
- The WPLA Chair, Fredrik Zetterquist, will inform on the progress made in the implementation of the programme of work for 2022— 2023, including capacity-building, land administration reviews and studies on selected topics in land management. Please see details in ECE/HBP/WP.7/2023/3. Questions and answers.
- Capacity-building and international knowledge-sharing: Reports on outcomes of the webinar series. This segment will contain presentations on the outcomes of the thematic workshops and webinars on land administration organized by the Working Party since its Twelfth session.
- Cadastral mapping and strategies of land administration authorities in Europe - Kirsikka Riekkinen, Researcher, The National Land Survey of Finland; Assistant Professor, Aalto University, Espoo, Finland; and WPLA Vice-Chair
- Data interoperability: The benefits for the land administration sector – Victoria Abbot, Head of External Affairs, Customer and Strategy Group, HM Land Registry, United Kingdom; WPLA Bureau member
- Benefits and challenges of open data in land administration - Pilar Verdejo, Land Property Registrar, Valencia, Spain; WPLA Bureau member
- Socioeconomic benefits of geospatial information - Elena Busch, Project Leader, Norwegian Mapping Authority, Oslo, Norway; WPLA Bureau member
- Geospatial information – advanced education and competence needs - Fredrik Zetterquist, WPLA Chair
- Improvement of informal settlements COVID-19 Recovery Action Plan for Informal Settlements in the ECE Region - WPLA capacity-building resources to support member States in improvement of informal settlements: Steven Nystrom, Principle, NewStream Companies, Tampa, Florida, United States
- Improvement of informal settlements in countries: current situation and needs in policy advice and capacity-building: Doris Andoni, Director of Housing Policy, Ministry of Finance and Economy of Albania, Tirana, Albania; and Chair of the UNECE Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management; Bekhzod Nishanov, Head of Methodology Department, Cadaster Agency, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Comments and proposals for cooperation from representatives of international partner organizations : Tea Dabrundashvili, Land Tenure Officer, FAO, Rome, Italy; Robert Lewis-Lettington, Chief of Section on Land, Housing and Shelter, UN-Habitat, Nairobi, Kenya