Side Event at the SDG Action Weekend organized by sponsors & co-host on behalf of the Global SDG Synthesis Coalition Steering Committee:
1. H.E. Dr. Agnes Mary Chimbiri-Molande, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Malawi to the United Nations
2. H.E. Ms. María Inés Castillo, Minister of Social Development, Panama
Co-host on behalf of the Global SDG Synthesis Coalition:
• Ms. Isabelle Mercier, UNDP Director, Independent Evaluation Office
• Mr. Rob McCouch, UNICEF Director, Evaluation Office
1. A representative of the UK Government's Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (TBC) United Kingdom (TBC)
2. H.E. Ms. Giedrė Balčytytė, Chancellor of the Government, Lithuania (TBC)
3. Vivian Welch, Vivian Welch, Editor in Chief and Interim CEO, Campbell Collaboration - Canada
4. Estefania Charvet, Director of Programmes and Research, Southern Voice (TBC)
5. Ms. Sara Krüger Falk, Executive Director, UN Global Compact Network Denmark and Chair of the 2030-Panel – Denmark
• Dr. Thomas de Hoop, Team Leader, Partnership Pillar Synthesis, American Institutes for Research
• Ms. Ana Rosa Soares, Chief of Evaluation Synthesis and Lessons, Head of the Global SDG Synthesis Coalition Secretariat
To maximize the SDG Summit's impact, the Secretary General is convening an SDG Action Weekend, which will generate opportunities for stakeholders, UN entities, and Member States to convene inside the United Nations Headquarters and set out specific commitments and contributions to drive SDG transformation between now and 2030.
The SDG Action Weekend will consist of the SDG Mobilization Day on Saturday, 16 September, and the SDG Acceleration Day on Sunday, 17 September at UNHQ in New York.
The SDG Action Weekend includes a select number of high-level side-events identified through an open call that concluded in August. They are jointly organized by coalitions of Member States, UN agencies and other international organizations, and global stakeholder networks.