4th Meeting, 84th Session of Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management
Broadcasting UN Entity
The eighty-fourth session of the UNECE Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management will take place at the Palais des Nations in Geneva from 4 to 6 October 2023. The eighty-fourth session of the Committee will support regional exchange of experiences and good practices on promoting affordable, adequate and climate-neutral housing and inclusive, circular, smart and sustainable cities.
6 (g) Land administration and management
- Report on the implementation of the Programme of Work 2022-2023 of the Working Party on Land Administration (WPLA) and on outcomes of the WPLA 13th session - Victoria Abbot, Head of External Affairs, Customer and Strategy Group, HM Land Registry, United Kingdom and WPLA Chair
- Recap of the keynote segment of the WPLA thirteenth session - Hartmut Müller, Mainz University, Mainz, Germany and FIG representative
- Ecosystems in land administration - exploring how land authorities are adapting their organizational and institutional arrangements to respond to the increased complexity of ecosystems – Victoria Abbot, Head of External Affairs, Customer and Strategy Group, HM Land Registry, United Kingdom and WPLA Chair
- Capacity-building activities to support the implementation of the COVID-19 Recovery Action Plan for Informal Settlements in the ECE Region – Professor Chryssy Potsiou, School of Rural, Surveying & Geoinformatics Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece and WPLA Bureau member
- Planning of the WPLA workshop on ecosystems and security - Pilar Verdejo, Land Property Registrar, Valencia, Spain and WPLA Bureau member
- Robert Lewis-Lettington, Chief of Section, Land, Housing and Shelter: and Secretary to the Global Land Tool Network; UN-Habitat
- Presentation of the Country Profile on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management of Albania - Oleg Golubchikov, Lead writer and Professor at Cardiff University, UK; and Elena Szolgayova, UNECE expert
- Planning of the Country Profile on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management of Montenegro – Government of Montenegro and CEB – Radmila Lainovic, Director General for Housing and Legalization, Ministry of Ecology, Spatial Planning and Urbanism, Montenegro; and Elena Szolgayova, UNECE expert
- Planning of the Country Profile on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management of Uzbekistan – Diyor Ergashev, Project Manager, Land Reform Implementation, Institute for Macroeconomic and Regional Studies under the Cabinet Ministers, Tashkent, Uzbekistan and Luigi Cipolla, International Consultant on Smart and Sustainable Planning.
- Planning of the Country Profile on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management of Armenia – Armen Ghularyan, Chairman, Urban Development Committee of the Republic of Armenia