- Agenda item 6(c) (continued)
- Topic 9: Norms, rules and principles relating to other aspects of outer space activities
- General exchange among Member States
- Agenda item 8. Any other business
- Exchange of views on the outcome of the third session and outlook towards the fourth session
- Closing of the session
- Concluding remarks by the Chair
Pursuant to General Assembly resolution 76/231, the open-ended working group on reducing space threats through norms, rules and principles of responsible behaviours convened its organizational session on 7 and 9 February 2022 at the Palais des Nations, United Nations Office at Geneva. The first session was held from 9 to 13 May 2022. The second session was held from 12 to 16 September 2022. The third session will be held from 30 January to 3 February 2023. The fourth session will be held from 7 to 11 August 2023.
Prior to establishing the open-ended working group, the General Assembly, in its resolution 75/36, requested the Secretary-General to seek the views of Member States on the further development and implementation of norms, rules and principles of responsible behaviours and on the reduction of the risks of misunderstanding and miscalculations with respect to outer space. The report of the Secretary-General and the views submitted by Member States are available on the website of the Office for Disarmament Affairs.