The purpose of this session is to discuss and highlight the relevance of digital health interventions in the context of non-communicable diseases and the importance of ensuring women's meaningful use of digital technology.
The objective of the session is to convene experts, advocates and Member States to:
- Raise the priority accorded to the prevention and control of NCDs through digital health programs, research, innovation, data, and digital solutions
- Discuss ways to meaningfully engage women and girls to co-create spaces for overcoming barriers, sharing experience and solidarity
- Consider how the digital divide affects women and men and their experiences of NCDs
- Discuss the role digital health can play in the prevention and control of NCDs using a gender equity and rights approach
- Spotlight grassroots innovations that have identified clear needs and gaps in local communities and promote equitable, inclusive and sustainable solutions for addressing NCDs among women and girls
- Inspire and support the development of initiatives to accelerate national NCD responses and reduce premature NCD-related mortality through digital health programs