- Interactive Panel Discussion: "Evidence-based approaches to ensure equal access to justice for all in criminal justice systems – centering those facing structural barriers"
- Continuation of the high-level segment
Participants are invited to share their experiences and reflect on best practices and persisting challenges by addressing the following guiding questions:
- What evidence-based approaches have proven effective to ensure equal access to justice for all, in particular for groups that may face structural and historical barriers to access justice, especially within the criminal justice sector?
- What approaches have proven effective in addressing discrimination within the justice system and in the criminal justice system in particular?
- What measures have been effective in ensuring equal access to legal aid services, taking into consideration the specific rights and needs of beneficiaries?
- What measures have been effective in improving meaningful and effective access to justice for victims, including through access to free legal aid services?
- What approaches have led to increased efficiency, accountability, inclusivity, and integrity of criminal justice institutions?
- What are the biggest challenges to transforming national justice systems to make them effectively accessible to all?