Aligned with the priority theme of CSW67, the UN observance of IWD recognizes and celebrates the women and girls who are championing the advancement of transformative technology and digital education and curtailing the impact of the digital gender gap on widening economic and social inequalities.
The high-level event will bring together technologists, innovators, entrepreneurs, and gender equality activists to provide an opportunity to highlight the role of all stakeholders in improving access to digital tools. The opening remarks will be followed by a high-level panel discussion and musical performances.
Participants will include:
- E. Mr. António Guterres, United Nations Secretary-General
- E. Mr. Csaba Kőrösi, President of the 77th session of the UN General Assembly
- E. Ms. Mathu Joyini, Chair, 67th Commission on the Status of Women
- Marie Bjerre, Minister for Digitalization, IT Technology and Gender Equality, Denmark
- Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General, via video message
- Sima Bahous, UN Women Executive Director
- Doreen Bogdan-Martin, Secretary-General, International Telecommunications Union
- Gitanjali Rao, 17-year-old inventor, innovator, author, STEM promoter, UNICEF Youth Advocate