3rd Session, 21st Meeting of State Parties to Mine Ban Convention
Broadcasting UN Entity
Twenty-First Meeting of the States Parties to the Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on Their Destruction
- 9. Informal presentation of requests submitted under Article 5 and of the analysis of these requests (continued)
- 10. Consideration of the general status and operation of the Convention
- The Committee on Victim Assistance will present its conclusions and recommendations.
- States Parties implementing victim assistance activities1 will be invited to provide brief updates (4-5 minutes) on their efforts to fulfil obligations victim assistance (Actions 33 through 41) of the Oslo Action Plan. In addition, these States Parties will be invited to comment on the conclusions of the Committee on Victim Assistance. Other delegations may remark on these updates and share their views on victim assistance.
- States Parties are encouraged to inform on their efforts to mainstream gender and the diverse needs and experiences of people in affected communities.
- The following 38 States Parties have reported carrying out victim assistance activities: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola , Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burundi, Cambodia, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Jordan, Mauritania, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Palestine (State of), Peru, Senegal, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Türkiye, Uganda, Ukraine, Yemen, and Zimbabwe.