4th Session, 21st Meeting of State Parties to Mine Ban Convention
Broadcasting UN Entity
Twenty-First Meeting of the States Parties to the Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on Their Destruction
10. Consideration of the general status and operation of the Convention (continued)
- a) Assisting the victims: Conclusions and recommendations related to the mandate of the Committee on Victim Assistance (continued)
- b) Clearing mined areas and mine risk education and reduction: Conclusions and recommendations related to the mandate of the Committee on Article 5 Implementation
- The Committee on Article 5 Implementation will present its conclusions and recommendations.
- States Parties are encouraged to inform on their efforts to mainstream gender and the diverse needs and experiences of people in affected communities.
- The following 33 States Parties are still in the process of clearing mined areas in accordance with Article 5: Afghanistan, Angola, Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cambodia, Chad, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ecuador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Palestine (State of), Peru, Senegal, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Türkiye, Ukraine, Yemen and Zimbabwe.