Geneva Peace Talks 2021
"Recovering better for an equitable and sustainable world."
The Geneva PeaceTalks will feature the following twelve speakers:
- Zarifa Ghafari, Human Rights Activist, politician and entrepreneur, Ex-mayor of Maidan Shahr and Director of a Department of the Ministry of Defense of Afghanistan.
- Yves Daccord, Executive Chairman Harvard's Edgelands Institute & former Director General of the International Committee of the Red Cross and Hiba Qasas, Head of Secretariat of the Principles for Peace Initiative at Interpeace.
- Diwele Molale Lubi, choreographer, dance artist, conference speaker, teacher and artistic director at Matlosana Centre for the Arts.
- Lena Dobrowolska & Teo Ormond-Skeaping, an artist collaboration working with photography, documentary and narrative film, virtual reality, installation and research.
- Baaba Maal, singer, guitarist and founder of the NANN-K foundation.
- Anil Soni, CEO of the WHO Foundation interviewed by Charlotte Kirby, Vice President of Global Strategic Relations at Salesforce.
- Héloïse Hughes, Kareem Gomersall and Ksenia Vlasova-Kuznetsova, three high school students from the International School of Geneva and co-founders of the student-led PeaceTalks Club.
- A message on the International Day of Peace from António Guterres, ninth Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- Special remarks by Tatiana Valovaya, 13th Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva.
- The event will be moderated by Sarah Noble, curator of the PeaceTalks, and Karen Chica Gómez, Afro-Ecuadorian activist and student at Graduate Institute Geneva.